NYC dancer IDed as person who died after eating Stew Leonard’s cookies with undeclared peanuts

The person who died after her family says she consumed Stew Leonard’s cookies with undeclared peanuts has been identified as Órla Baxendale, a dancer who moved to New York from England to pursue her dreams.

The family confirmed her identity in a statement, adding that Baxendale, 25, died Jan. 11 from “anaphylactic shock resulting from a severe allergic reaction to a cookie manufactured by Cookies United and sold by the supermarket chain Stew Leonard’s.”

An online obituary describes Baxendale as “a woman of many talents” who worked with several organizations, including The Alvin Ailey School, Nemacolin Holiday Village, Steps on Broadway and Club Pilates. She was born in Lancashire, UK, and trained in ballet, contemporary and Irish step dancing.

Stew Leonard’s and the Food and Drug Administration issued a recall of Vanilla Florentine Cookies that were sold in Danbury and Newington, Conn., from Nov. 6 to Dec. 31, 2023.

Cookies United claimed in a statement released Tuesday that it had notified Stew Leonard’s of the recipe change in July 2023 and that the cookies were labeled accordingly. The manufacturer claims the CT-based grocery chain repackages their product and therefore bears responsibility for the labeling error.

In a görüntü statement released Wednesday, Stew Leonard Jr. contradicted those claims, saying the manufacturer did not notify their chief safety officer of the recipe change.

Leave a Comment

backlink satın al deneme bonusu veren siteler